It would not be sufficient to say that I love a good film. I won't go into great depth on why you should watch the following, but nonetheless here is a list of films that I love and cherish with the whole of my being. I recommend each of them to all of you in no particular order:
- Primer (2004) - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0390384/
One of the best mind-racking time travel movies you'll ever see. You really have to pay attention because the time travel is used really subtly.
- Brick (2005) - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0393109/
A great neo-noir film. I never thought I could enjoy something that was noir as much as I love this film.
- Waking Life (2001) - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0243017/
This one is just really cool. A lot of the characters really are experts in their fields, and the discourse throughout the film kept me interested.
- The Royal Tenenbaums (2001) - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0265666/
I'm a sucker for Wes Anderson films, and this was probably my first. It remains a sentimental favorite.
- The Secret Life of Walter Mitty (2013) - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0359950/
This one is pretty heartwarming, but not in an overly gushy way; it has a down-to-earth sort of vibe to it.
- Chappie (2015) - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1823672/
This one was brilliant, and not only because the idea of AI intrigues me. It's got action alongside a sort of cute-comedy that I just loved.
- Predestination (2014) - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2397535/
A tale of temporal terrorism and infinite progression, this movie twists through time in an interesting way.
- The Man From Earth (2007) - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0756683/
What if cell replication in your body was perfect and as such you never aged?